The Howard County TERPS are one of most exciting, dynamic and fast growing youth football and cheer programs in the State of Maryland. We specialize in changing the lives of young people through the power of football. Our coaching staff is fully accredited and experienced in youth athletics.
Interested in joining the Howard County TERPS coaching staff to help develop athletes and contribute to the program?
Our coaches are responsible for:
- Delivery of football, fitness and multi sports coaching or equivalent qualifications
- Local networking with community partner projects
- Train and manage coaches, volunteers and assistants
- Monitoring and evaluation of participants
- Implementation of Howard County Terps action planning and soft skills analysis of participants
- Responsible for equipment storage and inventory for the sports program
- Ensure activities are safe and enjoyable for all
- Promote positive community values
- Provide first aid as needed– appropriate training will be provided
- Contribute to the implementation and development of the Howard County Terps’ practice framework and ensure quality assurance in delivery
- Diligence around issues which may make activity non inclusive for participants
- Full participation in staff meetings and personal/professional development
Necessary skills include:
- Strong organization skills, self motivation and ability to work in a team environment
- Confident, calm approach to problems and ability to use initiative to find solutions
- Experience working with children in the relevant age groups
- Experience supporting young people with educational pathways, knowledge of volunteer opportunities, career pathways and other training programs
- Experience supervising volunteers
- Ability to network effectively with external agencies
Click Here to apply to Coach.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Rodney Manigo, Director of Football Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org)